Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Middle Eastern Oil

Today, I received a robocall from Tom Davis. He asked a question about reducing our importing of Middle Eastern oil. Middle Eastern oil? Is importing other oil okay?

His message said to call the Thomas Jefferson Institute for more information so I did. I asked why they used the term "Middle Eastern" oil. The number one country from which we get our petroleum is Canada. Number two is Mexico. Third is Venezuela. So why are they concerned with the Middle East? The guy said thanks and abruptly hung up on me. I called back and got the answering machine and left a message asking for the answer to my question. Why did they single out the Middle East?

Since he's not going to answer my question, I thought all of you would call and try to get an answer. Let me know how you make out. Here's their phone number 703.440.9447.

Oh, the source of my information - the good old US Department of Energy. http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html

No comments: